Saturday, March 12, 2011

Book on Bushell Children

In the book about Paul Bushell, references are made to a sequel, a book about his children. The content will definitely cover the lives of Paul's own ten children plus his step-son William Brown, Isabella's eldest child who was raised in the Bushell family. Currently, the book also includes a large section on the family of Alfred Bushell, of particular interest to my Bushell 'line', but I may yet publish this as a separate book.

The research is largely completed and the story content of this book is substantially drafted. However, a great deal of my editing and revision work remains to be done, to turn what is basically a 'first draft' into the finished product, a readable book (or two). As well, many pictures need enhancing, the indexing is incomplete, and some citations are missing. All of this work is very time-consuming.

Given my publishing timetable for books which are ahead in the queue, I doubt that the book will be ready before mid 2012. And first I need to prove to myself that there is actually a market for the sequel by selling most copies of the book Paul Bushell, Second Fleeter. So please encourage your extended family members to buy that book and read all about Paul.

And don't forget that I welcome at any time your thoughts on the children of Paul Bushell, especially family stories and copies of any old photos. They help bring the stories to life. You will receive acknowledgment in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment